Contact Us |
Careers at Walsh Duffield |
Job Postings |
Personal Division Risk Analyst
Personal Division Risk Analyst
Personal Insurance Division
(Position’s primary location can be accommodated in Buffalo office if requested.)
Vice President - Personal Division
$36,000 - $40,000
Principal Job Objective
Efficiently provides all of the marketing insurance needs to Walsh Duffield Companies, Inc. Personal Insurance Division clients in a professional and timely manner.
The Personal Division Risk Analyst performs the essential functions of the position, which include supporting the marketing needs of clients. Specific service responsibilities are assigned and insurance marketing activity is required in this position. Must meet sales, service, and quality standards adopted by the agency.
- Quotes and sells Personal Lines policies.
- Actively solicits increases in coverage or rounding out accounts through sales to clients at every service contact.
- Completes applications for insurance.
- Receives and places telephone calls to clients and companies
- Actively refers clients to Benefits Planning Division and Commercial Insurance Division for solicitation of new business.
- Remarkets renewals at account executives request.
- Maintains customer’s account on agency automation system, documenting conversations in notes, sending confirmations to insured and adhering to all other automation procedures that are/become established.
- Maintains own suspense on system in a timely manner.
- Follows paper and paperless handling procedures for customer files.
- Works with Producers on where and how best to place an account.
- Keeps producers fully informed of important activities on your accounts.
- Knows the underwriting and rating procedures for all types of Personal Lines policies.
- Participates in training and seminar courses.
- Follows guidelines outlined in our employee manual.
- Sets priorities and manages workflow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities.
- Keeps informed regarding industry information, new product information, coverage and technology to continuously improve knowledge and stay current.
- Maintains a cordial and effective relationship with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts.
- Interacts with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills; cooperates positively and provides information and guidance as needed to contribute to the business efforts of the agency.
- Maintains and updates technical manuals and understands their use to perform technical tasks and expedite customer service requests.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned by agency management.
- Bachelors Degree required
- 3 years work experience in sales or customer service (personal insurance experience is a plus but not required).
- Property & Casualty license required within 6 months.
- Ability to work in a demanding, fast paced, environment.
- Strong commitment to high quality service delivery.
- Ability to understand written and oral communication and interpret abstract information.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with others to explain complex issues
- Ability to receive and interpret complex information and respond appropriately.
- Full knowledge of insurance products, usage, and markets.
- Ability to carry out complex tasks with concrete and abstract variables.
- Ability to utilize computer system and programs and understand functionality.
- Microsoft Office skills necessary.
- Ability to participate in a team environment.
High-pressured, fast paced environment with significant telephone and personal interactions. Large number of multiple steps in complex system performed with accuracy and speed is essential to the successful completion of tasks.
This job description is intended to describe the normal level of work required by the person performing the work. The principle duties outlined are the essential responsibilities and duties. Other duties may be assigned as needs rise, or as required.
This description is not intended as a contract and is subject to change. Any written contractual agreements supersede this job description. All requirements may be modified to accommodate physically or mentally challenged staff members reasonably.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates please send a resume and cover letter noting your qualities beneficial to our organization as a single PDF file attachment to email@example.com. Your full name and the position you are applying for must go in the subject line. Incomplete applications or applications not following these guidelines will not be accepted.